Use the myNVivo portal to buy NVivo Transcription subscriptions or pay-as-you-go credits. You must have a myNVivo account.
You can also change the Transcription website interface language in the myNVivo portal—to Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese or Spanish Change the Transcription interface language.
You can go directly to the myNVivo portal with URL portal.mynvivo.com or link from the Transcription website:
- Click My account in the top-right menu to go to the portal home page.
Click Buy Credits at the top of the page to go to the Transcription purchasing page in the portal.
Note: this button is only available if you are using pay-as-you-go credits.
NOTE If you have more than one account linked to your myNVivo profile, you can select the account to use from the Transcription main menu Change account.
- Log into myNVivo (create a profile and account if you don't already have them).
- On the home page, in the NVivo Transcription section, click Buy Now to open the Select Transcription Product page.
- Select NVivo Transcription - Subscription and click Checkout.
Enter the number of subscriptions you want to buy then click Checkout again to complete the purchase. (For more than 5 subscriptions we suggest you contact sales.)
You will receive an email confirming your purchase. You can start transcribing yourself immediately, and, if you bought multiple subscriptions, you can assign them to other users (see below).
If you purchased multiple Transcription subscriptions, either as an individual or as the administrator of an enterprise license agreement (ELA), you are responsible for assigning the subscriptions to end users.
- Log into the myNVivo portal.
- If you have multiple accounts linked to the profile, select the account that was used to buy Transcription—select Switch Account from the top-right menu .
Open My Purchases from the top right menu.
Find the Transcription license and select Manage licenses from the three-dot menu.
- Click Assign User +.
- To add end users, enter email addresses and, optionally, first and last names:
- Use the Single tab to add one user at a time.
- Use the Multiple tab to add users in a batch file:
Download Users upload template.csv to your computer.
- Open the file (in Excel, Notepad, or other suitable app).
- Add end-user email addresses to the first column (delete the samples in the file). First and last names are optional.
- Save the file and then drag it onto the dialog box (or locate the file in a file management window).
All invited users are listed on the page after you close the dialog box. You can also view the number of seats allocated and remaining.
- When you submit the email addresses, the account used to buy Transcription is linked to each end user's personal myNVivo profile:
- If end users do not currently have myNVivo profiles they are sent a ‘myNivo signup’ email to create one.
- End users receive an email to inform them that they have been given access to Transcription, with instructions on how to proceed.
- End users can now log into and use NVivo Transcription with their personal myNVivo profiles.
You can unassign a subscription and reassign it to another person. Click Unassign beside the person you want to remove—the seat becomes available to assign to someone else.
You can buy up to 10 hours of pay-as-you-go transcription credits for personal use at a time. The credits expire after 90 days. See Pay-as-you-go for more information.
If you have bought pay-as-you-go credits before, click Buy Credits at the top of the Transcription page.
Log into myNVivo (create a profile and account if you don't already have them).
On the home page, in the NVivo Transcription section, click Buy Now to open the Select Transcription Product page.
- Select NVivo Transcription - Pay As You Go Plan, Volume Pricing and click Checkout.
Enter the number of hours subscription time, up to 10 hours, you want to buy then click Checkout again to complete the purchase. (See here for pricing.)
You will receive an email confirming your purchase. You can start transcribing immediately.
NOTE Credits with the least time remaining are always used first.
Your credit balance is shown at the top of the NVivo Transcription web page and on the Purchase History page (see below). In NVivo, the balance is shown in the Transcription dialog box (Windows) or Detail View (Mac).
To see all your Transcription credit purchases and days remaining before credits expire, go to the Purchase History page on the web site—
select View Purchase History from the main menu .
- Log into myNVivo.
- In the top-right menu select Edit Profile.
- Click the Edit button.
Select the Transcription interface language from the Language dropdown then click Save. Options are: Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish.
When you next open Transcription the interface will be in the selected language (the language selection does not affect the myNVivo portal).
It is possible to have more than one account linked to a myNVivo profile. For example, you might have an NVivo license assigned to you from your university, with one account, and have another, personal account, with which you bought a Transcription subscription. In this case you need to be logged into Transcription with the personal account (with the Transcription subscription) in order to use it.
If necessary, change the account to use in Transcription from the main menu .